Welcome to the Black Cultural Centre for Nova Scotia’s website.
Established in 1983, to Protect, Preserve and Promote the history and culture of African Nova Scotians. The Centre is a museum and cultural gathering place, were the rich history of Nova Scotians of African Descent can be discovered and explored.
- Learn Learn more about African Nova Scotian history though the many publications avaiable in our gift shop.
- Discover Discover the rich vibrant culture of Nova Scotia.
- No. 2 Construction Battalion Stamp Launch A Canada Post Stamp honouring the N0. 2 Construction Battalion was launched at the Black Cultural Centre in February
- Rev. Dr. W.P. Oliver Wall of Honour Nominations
- Explore The many historical artifacts in our museum.
- Halifax Regional Municipality Unveils New Ferry Name Halifax, unveils new ferry named after civil rights leader and business woman Viola Desmond
- Heritage Discover the richness of African Nova Scotian Heritage
- Save The Date - July 9, 2016 No. 2 Construction Battalion Commemoration Ceremony